Too Soon for Celebration

Too Soon for Celebration
We should be mindful of anyone who seems to be trying to push me on a stage, perhaps with ugly taunts. I have just finished inadvertently rewriting music that appeared in a major motion picture. That means it's too soon for me to stop writing and start performing.

I don't think people want a show from me yet. I'm sure they're more interested in learning who else is still lying to them on the radio with my music, like the way Blue Rodeo was still doing it with their (my) Small Miracles album early last year. They wouldn't be in a rush for me to go and play right now. Only the creeps who fear what my recordings expose to the world would want me to play right now.

Now, about bravery. I don't know what put this thought in my head, but does anyone think those cliques were brave to get together behind my back in their hangouts and worship each other with my music? And if the Rolling Stones wanted to steal one of their songs after it had already been stolen from me, would they stand and fight like I do here? What do they look like, by the way? What are their names? How many of them are there? They all know my face and my name, don't they? How convenient for when they want to point at me behind my back and call me a coward in front of all their hand holding friends! They wouldn't let themselves end up in that position, eh? No, they want to stay nice and safe in their cozy little worlds.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2018. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments