The Cycle

The Cycle
If you'd like to know the story behind these words, it has been restored to Broadcasting Artist Killers Breed Fraud under the heading Bust of the Day - after being accidentally erased. Conclusions, anyone?

No time to grieve as I aimlessly wind
Sobs all suppressed to make predators wait
Then by reflections in eyes wide and kind
Out pours my misery, all the more great

Tragedy strikes as the utmost of crimes
Lending support by a crippling bond
But for the outcast with losses two times
Caught in an ocean that looks like a pond

Heartbreak too hard for my neighbours to grant
They with their own clinging heavily on
Eager to tears with a smile supplant
Like a bright garland cast over the wan

Dead end diversion the morbid effect
Once the grim option has exercised been
With ev'ry face that my mind can connect
Rising from ashes to deepen the scene


How much lament for myself do I choose
Seeing in sorrow a thing not to mock
As if my good hopes were better to lose
Gouged out as pieces that fell from a rock?

Still in one piece, though on legs doomed to fail
Drawing forbearance from paralyzed peer
Whose resolution to openly ail
Renders my blessings abundantly clear

God loves him more to his bitterest woe
Wreaking upon him a horrible price
I in position to happiness know
Could only taunt with banal good advice

One day perhaps in a hospital room
Like my poor father, bound fast to my bed
I will at last know the measure of gloom
That won't be lifted by dreams in its stead


Back in a happier fragment of part
Mother and father beheld me onstage
Where my career might receive a good start
As one whose voice was advanced for his age

There they sat cheering, their love for me plain
Covering over my lyrical slip
Shining like beacons to pierce the dense rain
Stationed to guide to the peak of my trip

And in an interim stuffed with delays
Firmly they kept their support for my song
Willing to warmly extend me their praise
Until their very last breath would be drawn

Now I'm unsure why I toil and rack
Melody lost on indifferent ears
Of whose humanity, showing a lack
Harshly makes up for with putdowns and jeers


Where would be God as I limp from my load?
What corner hides his restoring white light?
Will it cost all the rewards I am owed
While I'm still living to stand in his sight?

People too faulty upon to rely
Show no way out from the trap they have sprung
I turn my tentative head to the sky
Aiming a vaporous chorus unsung

Justice will come as a pendulum tide
Fully encompassing all who now laugh
I have the brilliant truth on my side
Poised to cut cruelty's darkness in half

God knows the righteousness of my despair
Set against armies who practice deceit
He'll catch them all in His glorious glare
And lay them finally down at my feet
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2017, 2018. Verses by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments