Charm's Fatality

Charm's Fatality

(Restored Diary Notes from Nanaimo.)

Did everyone see the above video I posted to YouTube yesterday about how I record my songs? I hope you saw that I work extra hard on my music, so you don't need to be embarrassed about liking it. If you like a song that was worked hard on more than one that was put together in five minutes, you have good taste, as far as I'm concerned. Too bad the wrong people always got your thanks for it. And those awful radio people are sure stubborn about their fraud with my music. Eleven years and running.

I wanted to ask CBC and NBC and the Peak about Blue Rodeo's and Coldplay's and maybe Nickleback's and Mike Myers' and other stars' bail money. Whose money did they pay their bail with? Mine? They're lucky they had my money to pay their bail because I didn't have it when they tried to throw me in jail for writing my own song in 2010. Remember that, everyone? I was lucky they checked first or I would have had to hang myself for getting my dick signed for writing my own song. And it would have been because my bail money was getting all spent on crack cocaine and beer for all CBC's and NBC's and the Peak's fraud friends to enjoy around their backyard barbecues.

Another great thing about getting paid for your work is how it makes people respect you. But getting paid for someone else's work seems to bring respect, too. Like the respect of being able to duck into a limousine and escape the crowd when everyone recognizes your face on the street. People seem to respect you a lot more when they can't see you in front of them.

Now, let me ask about when that song of mine I just rewrote, Slings and Arrows, was last on the radio. Let me guess. It was that station with the big black billboard with the skull and crossbones over it, right? And they announced it as Blue Rodeo and Coldplay: two bands I have listed as violators of my music in my Copyright Issues page. Better not drive too close to the edge of a cliff when they're lying to you like that. And , hey, that doesn't help my image much, does it? Are you aware that these bands stole this song from me when I first shared it? Here's one of the verses that may be rewritten from the past:

Nothing to rhyme or reason
Only to seize and own
Stellar rewards come easily
Conscience dismantled peacefully

Was that in their version? Who did they say that was about? Oh, that doesn't help my image much. You'd almost think it was illegal. See how they use my music against my music? I take back Mischief and Redemption and Small Miracles and It Makes Me Wonder and Fool and Canopy (See my Copyright Issues page.) and then it's time to listen to Blue Rodeo and Coldplay collaborating on Slings and Arrows. Because that's better than what I'm doing, right? And when did Blue Rodeo come into the picture here, everyone? Gee, I think it was in January 2017, immediately after I rewrote Nonchalant in late 2016, in turn, after sustaining a constant barrage from Nickleback supporters for rewriting Fool's Paradise in 2014. Blue Rodeo's crime had slipped my mind up to then. Great timing.

I probably said in 2007, when I first probably protested seeing that collaboration video on TV, that I think Blue Rodeo used the echoey, 'sophisticated English' Coldplay to help give their fraud with my poetic music more the appearance of credibility. And the barbecue was likely to sustain the 'next door neighbour' feel of a YouTube video. What an abomination.

I understand how some out there would be reluctant to accept me in the place of their idols, especially women. Women can't help this, of course. They're never satisfied with a man the way he is. They're always taking his jaw and combining it with another man's hair and putting that on still another man's body, and so forth. If my music appealed to them, it let them use that appeal to dress up another man offering them something else that they like and make him sexier. I understand women. They'll come back to thank me in the end - with a much bigger smile on their faces than mine.

Now, about being called an egghead again, I think I already discussed this. It totally contradicts being called a retread. The same person cannot be both an egghead and a retread. At least one of those accusations is a lie. As for me, I want my musicians to be smart. Their job is to stimulate my brain and they do it best if they're smart. I look up to musicians who please me with their music because they must occupy a higher place than me if they can lift me up with their music. What brought this latest attack? Simper?

I find Simper perfect to follow listening to Slings and Arrows. This is because of the bitterness stirred up by recalling how my music has been used against me on the radio for so long.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2018. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments