Simper

Simper
Clashes for expanded glory
Thunder out the same old story
Foes of humanoid appearance
Prone to disarray's adherence
Competitions for distinction
Widen to exact extinction
Laying bare the living menace
Heedless of their sentence

Strange affliction
Proper condition
Taken for a ride
On the unruly side

Beauty cast a simper haughty
Summoning advances naughty
Innocence in such a style
As to tip the volatile
Longing look of love's admission
Common sense's demolition
Blinding clouds of perfumed pleasure
Failure made to measure

Shameful lesson
By an impression
Charm's fatality
Preying on vanity

And if it seems to be the thing that I see
Must have come to me by magic
The next thing I hear's my name in my ear
For a design I fear is tragic

All enfolding melancholy
Better than extended folly
Pathways leading straight to sorrows
Brighter than retreating burrows
Disconcerting apprehensions
Blown up to absurd dimensions
Swallow up the expectancy
One path left with only

Lit up windows
Stab at the shadows
Candles burning late
Easy to terminate
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2018. Music by David Skerkowski. Painting by Leonardo DaVinci. All rights reserved.

Comments