Slings and Arrows

Slings and Arrows
Not much to say about this one. Sorry about the hair, but I like the tune. It compares favourably with Spoils. I hope it's going to be the sling that slew Goliath. I hope Blue Rodeo and Coldplay are in prison. I think their video of my song is horrible. And I think that this song is as current with its lyrical content as it was in 2007, as far as expressing a never ending problem. (Visit Ulcer Time, for more about that.)

Perfectly unassuming
Happy to be uncalled
Now that you've basked in victory
Fighting would be contradictory

Go ahead with slings and arrows
Sending them out as a wild rain
As the passage wends and narrows
Bettering you again

Nothing to rhyme or reason
Only to seize and own
Stellar rewards come easily
Conscience dismantled peacefully

On the way to sunny morrows
Hardly the time for another game
Safe from someone else's sorrows
Mystified by the blame

Wear a smile for friendly fellows
Open the door to society
Drowning out the anguished bellows
Under a heedless sea

INTRO/MIDDLE PART

Maybe you think I'm caving
Under a new barrage
Wishing to shape your misery
Into your neighbour's injury

See the one who hurls and harrows
Pointing her finger all the day
There, divulging to the sparrows
Every word we say

Let the impact thunder hollow
Vanish upon a nameless plain
Tumbled tides are sure to follow
Answering her again

Actually, let me say just a little more while I have your attention. You've been hearing a lot of harmful things about me, haven't you? I trust you people to see that I'm telling the truth by my actions more than anything. In my region, the radio seems to still want everyone to love these bands that stole my music. And this song of mine played on the radio recently, credited to Coldplay and Blue Rodeo, when it's my song that they ganged up on me to steal. Can you tell what I'm saying in my lyrics? It's quite evil to give this song to the kind of people it speaks about.

I bet the big important crowd here that partied with Nickleback and Blue Rodeo and the Crystalids are embarrassed now that everyone can see how they truly like to have fun. I'm hearing people explain my legal statements as 'crazy'. It's all they can think of to avoid admitting the truth like grown ups. I can't imagine why people would think I'd be crazy after I got ripped off by every popular show on TV and every band in the top forty and my songs were turned into torture instruments to use on my brain for the next ten years. Or after struggling to recover my work from frauds on TV while being contradicted in my claims by CBC and Dateline NBC. Or after Dateline staged an episode of This is Your Life about me behind my back and invited everyone I've ever had contact with in the last forty years to talk about me. Or after Ellen Degeneres had her viewers calling me 'Dodgy Dave' to cover up her fraud with my blogs. Or after the Crystalids invaded my apartment while I was at work and fucked their women on my bed. That reminds me, there's a certain person who likes to tell stories about me behind my back so she can somehow hand over my music to her boyfriend. I think she may be up to it again. If someone with a 'hot new set' is going to be the next big thing, please simply check the music and flag it if its mine. Anyway, I don't know how they can call me crazy.
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2018. Music by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments