New Complaint

New Complaint


My recent recording of the above Close Rendezvous came from a desire to produce a nice warm song for the holidays coming up. I never write anything with the intention of busting anyone. That just happens accidentally. The music's in my heart. It's a feeling that turns into notes in my head when I think about it. Because it comes from my heart first, if my head forgets it, my heart can send it back to be rewritten. My head won't recognize it as an old work until I'm finished this task.

So there you have it, pure, musical, thoughtful motives for writing a nice new tune. And look at the nightmare I get for it. It hurts me immensely to recount the rape of my music on the web, but the pain of betrayal at the hands of trusted artists makes it almost unbearable. Why would I want to put myself through that pain now? I always want to write something new and original, but I can't help being myself in my music. And the song does have a clean, holiday kind of spirit, at least its melody.

If fraud dictates that an artist in our society is to be answered with scorn for producing clean, warm, pleasing melodies, then we are a grotesque failure as a civilization.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2018. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

Comments